L - V 9:00 - 17:00

0720 050 000

Bordeaux

Bordeaux en

Château Beau-Séjour Bécot is located just to the west of the medieval town of Saint-Emilion, in the very heart of this prestigious appellation. Classified a Premier Grand Cru Classé until 1986, the château lost its rank as a "Premier", but regained it in 1996 thanks to a ruling by the INAO (Institut National des Appellations d'Origine).

The estate was named Beau-Séjour in 1787 by General Jacques de Carle, the proprietor at the time. Michel Bécot bought the estate in 1969 and further increased the area under vine from 10.5 hectares to 15. The château then took on the name of Beau-Séjour Bécot. Beau-Séjour Bécot's 20 hectares of vineyards are superbly sited on a limestone plateau in the north-west part of the appellation. The wine is a blend of 70% Merlot, 24% Cabernet Franc and 6% Cabernet Sauvignon - the grapes are fermented in temperature-controlled, stainless steel vats, and the wine is matured in oak barriques (50-70% new) for 18-20 months.

The ubiquitous Michel Rolland is a consultant at Beau-Séjour Bécot and the wines, not surprisingly, are full-bodied, concentrated and rich with layers of seductive cassis-scented fruits and hints of smoky new oak.

Chateau Cambon La Pelouse is one of the oldest producers of wine in the Haut-Medoc region of France, with a history of fine wine that stretches back to the late 17th century. This 35 hectare Bordeaux vineyard has made an impressive contribution to the reputation of the Medoc sub-region, especially in England.

The modern history of the vineyard begins in 1996 when it was purchased by Jean Pierre Marie, who renovated the property and provided it with the best modern equipment. The grapes are still harvested under the “culture raisonnee” method – that is, hand-harvesting, pruning, thinning out of the leaves, green harvesting, and de-stemming to ensure the perfect quality of the fruit. The vines are around 30 years old and planted to a vine density of between 5,000 and 7,000 vines per hectare. The vineyard includes grapes of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot - grown on deep and gravelly soil. It is the combination of the old vines and soil composition which makes wines from the Chateau Cambon La Pelouse such a success – producing an elegant wine with intense colour, a delicate nose, solid tannins, and a ripe length. In June 2003, it was elevated to a Cru Bourgeois Supérieur.

The history of Carbonnieux goes back a very long way, and records show that wine was made there at least as early as the 12th century. Benedictine monks from Sainte-Croix abbey in Bordeaux replanted and renovated the estate in the 18th century. They took advantage of the exceptionally pale, clear color of the white wine to label it as "Carbonnieux mineral water", which they then proceeded to ship to the sultan of Turkey.

Marc Perrin acquired and restored the château in 1956. A complete fresh start that wiped out the remaining vines in what were by that time rather unkempt vineyards. The new plantings were laid out to the plan perfected in the 18th century when the Château was at its peak. Since the 1980s Carbonnieux has been producing excellent red and white wines, in the classic Pessac- Léognan style. The whites are made from roughly two thirds Sauvignon Blanc and one third Sémillon and the reds from two thirds Cabernet Sauvignon and one third Merlot.

The gravelly soil at Carbonnieux is perfectly drained thanks to the Eau Blanche stream that carries away any excess water. The 85 hectares of vines are evenly divided between red and white wine varieties. The white wine is fermented and aged in barrel for 10 months. The red wine is aged for 15 to 18 months in barrel, depending on the quality and characteristics of the vintage.

Chateau Cos d`Estournel is named after its 19th century owner, Louis-Gaspard d'Estournel, and it was he who built the bizarre oriental edifice that is a landmark for any tourist in the Médoc. Today Cos d'Estournel is without doubt the leading estate in St-Estéphe. It is located in the south of the appellation on the border with Pauillac and its vineyards are superbly sited on a south-facing gravel ridge with a high clay content.

Château Cos d'Estournel today covers 69 ha separated from Château Lafite, along the southern edge, by the stream between St. Estephe and Pauillac. The gravelly soil, over a flint, limestone and silicate subsoil low in nitrogen, has eroded over centuries to form steep ridges which perfectly drain the vineyards. The vineyards are planted 60% Cabernet Sauvignon vines, 2% Cabernet Franc, and 38% Merlot. Naturally, the percentage of Cabernet or Merlot in the composition of each vintage depends on the climate which favors one grape variety or the other. The wines are full-bodied, dark, brooding tannic wines when young which develop a complexity and intensity that can rival many top growths from Pauillac. In 1998 the Prats family sold Cos d'Estournel to The Tailan Group. Cos d'Estournel is classified as a 2ème Cru Classé.

Chateau D'Agassac first came to light in the 13th century, built on a marshy plain bordered by a stream, which runs through the estate to the edge of the grounds where a clump of pine trees grows. In the 16th century, the Chateau was the subject of a "renaissance" and two additions in the shape of its new defensive towers. The 20th century was drawing to a close when the estate was acquired by the insurance company Groupama. In good viticultural tradition, the vineyard and winery areas were the first to be modernised. With a past history of biding its time, the chateau was renovated later and has now been restored to its former glory.

The estate’s two greatest assets lie in the quality of its terroir (its total natural environment) and in its precious stock of old vines. The terroir, with its warm soils made up of deep, well-drained gravels and copious amounts of sunshine, is distinguished by its early-maturing character and Chateau D'Agassac is often the first estate in the area to begin harvesting. The vineyards, made up of two enclosed areas totalling 42 hectares, is essentially made up of long-established vines – an average of 40 years old for 22 hectares of it – that constitute the qualitative heart of production. The vineyard currently comprises 50% Merlot, 47% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Cabernet Franc.

The estate was bought in 2001 by Florence and Dominique Decoster, and it has benefited form major investments which have made Chateau Fleur Cardinale one of the top names of the appellation. They replanted much of the vineyards, as well as totally renovating the winery and chai. They also engaged the services of the ubiquitous Michel Rolland.

The two properties owned Decoster family extend across a 23.5 hectare area for the Château Fleur Cardinale, and a 4 hectare area for the Château Croix Cardinale. The two vineyards are planted on clay-limestone soil in the middle of the hillsides and they enjoy an identical harvest, notable for its 75% dominance of Merlot together with 20% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon.

Vinification takes place in a mixture of temperature-controlled, cement and stainless steel tanks, and the wine is then matured in oak barriques (30-40% new) for 15 months. With it's great value for money, and showing great consistancy in it's quality, Château Fleur Cardinale was promoted to "Saint-Emilion Grand cru classé" in 2006.

While this chateau has existed since 1737, it didn't get its current name until the 19th century, when it was acquired through marriage by the Lacoste family. The building in its present form was constructed by Pierre-Fredéric Lacoste in 1855, the same year it was designated a fifth growth in the 1855 Classification, but when the family eventually sold it in the 1930s it fell into a state of disrepair. Its fortunes changed in 1978 when its bachelor owner, Raymon Dupin, decided he wanted to sell the château to the Borie family because they made such lovely wine at Ducru-Beaucaillou and Haut-Batailley.

Grand-Puy-Lacoste's 90 hectares of vines (Cabernet Sauvignon 75%, Merlot 25%) are in one block surrounding the chateau and lie on deep gravel beds over limestone. The grapes are fermented in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats and the wine is then matured in oak barriques (50% new) for 18 months.Grand-Puy-Lacoste combines marvellous cigar box perfume with rich blackcurrant and cassis fruit and velvety power which is the epitome of top class Pauillac at its very best.

Chateau Guiraud is a large Sauternes property that is the only 1er Cru Classé, with the exception of its illustrious neighbour Chateau d`Yquem, that is located within the commune of Sauternes itself. Guiraud was owned for a short period by the Maxwell family, who invested heavily in the property, although the wines remained fairly pedestrian. In 1981 it was acquired by a Canadian, Hamilton Narby, and he has transformed Guiraud into one of the very finest Sauternes properties.

Guiraud's 85 hectares of vineyards are located on one of the hills above the village of Sauternes. They are planted with 65% Sémillon and 35% Sauvignon Blanc, and the grapes ripen very early at Guiraud and undergo tremendous natural concentration due to the effects of "noble rot" (botrytis). The grapes are harvested in "tries" and the juice is then fermented in oak barrels. The wine is then aged in oak casks (50% new) for 2 years.

Guiraud is a very ambitious property with aspirations to produce a wine that will one day rival d`Yquem. The wines are astonishingly rich, especially in light of the high proportion of Sauvignon Blanc in the blend, and are undoubtedly amongst the finest wines being produced in Sauternes today.

Chateau Haut-Brion is the oldest and by far the smallest of the "Premiers Grands Crus" vineyards of the Gironde 1855 classification. Chateau Haut-Brion is one of the few remaining family-owned domains of the Bordeaux region with a history going back to the 16th century. It has been owned by the American Dillon family since 1935.

Situated in what is now Pessac-Leognan, the property finds itself now in the suburbs of the ever-encroaching city of Bordeaux. The vineyard is planted to 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot and 18% Cabernet Franc. A stunning white wine is also made, from a part of the vineyard which is 63% Semillon and 37% Sauvignon Blanc. Production is smaller than at the other First Growth Wines, totalling about 20,000 cases, shared between the Grand Vin and a second wine, formerly called Bahans-Haut-Brion but changed in 2007 to Clarence de Haut-Brion in recognition of Clarence Dillon.

Fermentation of the red wines takes place in stainless steel vats, after which the wine will spend 22 months, sometimes more, in new oak barrels before being bottled unfiltered. For the white wine fermentation takes place in new oak barrels, after which the wine spends a further year to 15 months on its lees in barrel before bottling.

Chateau La Lagune is a “3eme Cru Classe” property that produces some of the finest wines in the Haut-Medoc AC. La Lagune's history dates back to 1715 when its handsome chateau was constructed. The vineyards were first planted in 1724. La Lagune had hit hard times and fallen into disrepair when Georges Brunet bought it in 1954. He replanted the vineyards and totally renovated the chai. By the time he sold it to the Ayala Champagne firm in 1961, the property had been transformed. The Frey family, the current owners, arrived in 2000. They have made large-scale investments in the vineyard, cellars, and chateau aiming for excellence at all levels.

La Lagune is the first property you pass driving out of Bordeaux on the Route de Vins. It is in fact only 15 kilometres from Bordeaux city. There are 72 hectares of vineyards planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (60%), Merlot (20%), Cabernet Franc (10%), and Petit Verdot (10%). The grapes are fermented in temperature-controlled, stainless steel tanks and the wine is then aged in oak barriques (70-80% new) for 15-18 months.

In 1664, Madame de Lestonnac bequeathed the domaine of La Mission Haut-Brion to the Peres Lazaristes, a congregation founded by Saint Vincent de Paul. The "good fathers" worked to restore their property to its rightful worth. After them, the Chiapella family (owners in the 19th century) and Woltner family (1919-1983) never stopped improving the vineyard and modernizing the cellars. Since 1983, the Dillon family, already owner of Chateau Haut-Brion, continues the same policy under the presidency of H.R.H. Prince Robert of Luxembourg. Chateau La Mission-Haut-Brion is the greatest Graves wine after Haut-Brion and in some vintages is considered the superior wine of the two. La Mission-Haut-Brion is situated just across the road from Haut-Brion in the commune of Talence in the southern suburbs of Bordeaux.

La Mission-Haut-Brion's vineyards (Cabernet Sauvignon 48%, Merlot 45%, Cabernet Franc 7%) lie on a large (up to 18 metres deep in places) gravel bank interspersed with clay. The wine is fermented in temperature-controlled, stainless steel vats and then matured in oak barriques (100% new) for 18 months. The wines of La Mission Haut Brion are rich, oaky and powerful and need at least 10 years of bottle ageing before they should be broached.

Chateau Lespault-Martillac is one of the oldest estates in Martillac, and wine has been made here since Roman times. It is located on a magnificent gravelly rise overlooking the commune. The chateau, an 18th century manor house, and the newly-renovated cellars are located in the heart of small vineyard with old Merlot vines producing low yields of high-quality grapes. Run by Olivier Bernard, also the proprietor of Domaine de Chevalier, since 2009, Chateau Lespault-Martillac is part of the Pessac Leognan wine appellation in Bordeaux.

Organic methods are used to prepare the soil and fight off any pests in the vineyard. Although small in size and only producing a low yield, the grapes from the vineyard are of very high quality due to the care and attention they receive. The red grape varieties in the vineyard comprise 60% Merlot, 22% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Petit Verdot and 5% Malbec. The white grape varieties consist of 80% Sauvignon Blanc and 20% Sémillon.

Chateau Pape Clement is a Cru Classe Graves property that has one of the oldest documented histories of any Bordeaux vineyard, having been planted in 1300 by Bernard de Groth, the future Pope Clement V. In 1939 the estate was bought by the Montagne family and is now owned and run by Leo Montagne.

Chateau Pape Clement is located in the Bordeaux suburb of Pessac and consists of a chai and 32 hectares of vineyards, planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (60%), Merlot (40%) and small amounts of Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon and Muscadelle. Bernard Magrez was appointed as general manager in 1985. He introduced more rigorous selection in the vineyards, as well as installing stainless steel vats and raising the percentage of new oak casks used in the maturation process.

The estate was founded in the late 17th Century. This period was known as the Grand Siècle, or “great century”, in reference to Louis XIV’s 1661 accession to the French throne.

In 1689 Pierre Desmezures de Rauzan, an influential wine merchant and steward of the prestigious Latour and Margaux estates, bought plots of vines close to the Latour estate to create Enclos Rauzan.

These vines were part of his daughter Thérèse’s dowry when she married Baron Jacques Pichon de Longueville in 1694, the year in which the Pichon Baron estate was founded. An illustrious estate, with an enduring reputation, was born. It remained in the same family for generations.

Jean Francois Pontet, Royal Master of the Horse in the early 18th Century, bought and consolidated several plots of land located northwest of Pauillac. Several years later, in 1750, his descendants bought neighboring vineyards in an area named "Canet", thus creating one of the largest estates in the entire Medoc. Chateau Pontet-Canet's topography and soil predestined it to produce great wine. In 1865, the noted wine shipper Hermann Cruse acquired the chateau and its vineyard. The Cruse dynasty provided the financial means to make one of the greatest wines in the Medoc. In 1975, Guy Tesseron, owner of Lafon Rochet in St-Estephe, purchsed Pontet-Canet.
Pontet-Canet's 78 hectares of vineyards adjoin those of Mouton Rothschild and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Merlot (32%) and Cabernet Franc (5%). Pontet-Canet wines are now full-bodied and packed with ripe, chewy, black fruits and finely integrated tannins. The wines posseses marvellous ageing potential. Pontet-Canet is classified as a 5ème Cru Classe.

In June 2011, Domaine Clarence Dillon, owners of Chateau Haut-Brion and Chateau La Mission Haut-Brion, acquired a beautiful estate in Saint-Emilion, today renamed Château Quintus.
The originality of this extraordinary terroir lies in its diversity of soils, slopes and orientations. It is therefore hardly surprising that this wine was featured between 1844 and 1848 - under its old name Château Tertre Daugay - among the 14 most sought after and most expensive wines of Saint-Emilion. The estate naturally wraps around a high promontory which represents the end of the plateau of Saint-Emilion. The vineyard benefits from a majestic panarama extending towards the neighbouring village and across the entire Dordogne valley.
Thanks to the excellent vinification practices undertaken at the estate, the wine produced here reflects great body, ripeness and an armature that exemplify the great wines of Saint-Emilion. In October 2013, Château Quintus in turn acquired the neighbouring property, Château L’Arrosée, and these two exceptional estates are now united in order to produce one of the very finest wines of Saint-Emilion.

The wines here have delighted many well-know figures, most famously Thomas Jefferson, and some decades later, the 1855 Classification ranked Chateau Rauzan-Segla as a Second Growth. The actual chateau was built in 1903, designed by architect Louis Garros, who drew inspiriation from the original Perigord-style buildings in the the chateau, as well as G. LeBreton who designed the park and green spaces.
Chateau Rauzan-Segla and Mouton Rothschild were considered the leading 2eme Cru Classe Bordeaux properties during the 19th century. However, while the fortunes of Mouton prospered in the 20th century, culminating in its elevation to 1er Cru status in 1973, Rauzan-Segla`s reputation dwindled and a succession of disappointing wines were produced. In 1986, a brand-new cuverie was built. A succession of eye-catching wines were produced at Rauzan-Ségla in the mid to late 80s and early 1990s. CHANEL purchased Chateau Rauzan-Segla in April 1994 and immediately started a full renovation programme.
Today, 52 hectares are in production at Rauzan-Segla and the grapes (63% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc) are fermented in temperature-controlled, stainless steel tanks. The wine is then matured in barriques (60% new) for 18 months.

Thanks to its 55 hectares of superb gravelly vineyards, Smith Haut Lafitte is often referred to as the "archetypical Graves." The estate's history goes back to the Crusades, and a Scottish navigator, George Smith, who became the owner of the estate in the 18th century. He was followed by M. Duffour-Dubergier, Mayor of Bordeaux, and then Louis Eschenauer, a famous wine shipper. In 1990, Daniel Cathiard, former Olympic skiing champion, also fell under the spell of this beautiful estate. Cathiard cut down on the amount of chemicals and herbicides used in the vineyards, and fully modernised the winemaking facilities. The proportion of new oak barrels used in the maturation process was increased and a trio of eminent oenologists (including the ubiquitous Michel Rolland) were hired as consultants.
The 55 hectares of vineyards are located on a gravel ridge to the east of Château Haut-Bailly. The red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (55%), Merlot (35%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). The grapes are fermented in stainless steel vats and the wine is then matured in oak barrels (50% new) for 15-18 months.

Chateau Villa Bel-Air is located in the Southern part of Graves, in the parish of Saint-Morillon, near La Brede. Villa Bel-Air's buildings have been listed as part of France's historical monuments and are a perfect illustration of the French Revolution period. In 1777, Louis Dufaure, Marquis de Lajarte, bought a property situated in the parish of Saint-Morillon called Bel-Air de Bellevue. In 1791, he undertook a very fine charterhouse of great architectural finesse that can still be admired to this day. In 1794, the Marquis de Lajarte was imprisoned and rapidly executed. Bel-Air was sold as a national property.
In 1988, the Cazes family, already owners of Chateaux Lynch-Bages and Les Ormes de Pez, bought Villa Bel-Air. Jean-Michel Cazes undertook an important programme of restoration and enlisted Daniel Llose and Guy Delestrac to improve the vineyards. The old parcels of land, which had been pulled out, were replanted and the property was equipped with a new drainage system. The production at Villa Bel-Air is done with great care and the wines are traditionally fermented in stainless steel. After blending, the wines are oak aged for 12 to 15 months and each barrel is racked every three months. The wines produced are supple, elegant, well balanced and display luscious tannins.

Created in 1935, the family-owned and managed company Domaine Clarence Dillon has the unique privilege of producing five rare and exceptional estate wines: two reds and two whites from first-growth Château Haut-Brion and its sibling Château La Mission Haut-Brion. Since the 2011 vintage, they are represent one of the finest wines from St-Emilion: Château Quintus.
In 2005, the company created the Bordeaux fine wine merchant Clarence Dillon Wines and launched Clarendelle, a wine 'inspired by Haut-Brion'. It is Bordeaux’s first super-premium luxury brand wine, a testament to the far-sighted spirit that has characterised Domaine Clarence Dillon from the start.
Clarendelle's name thus pays homage to the ancestor who brought the family to this region. Domaine Clarence Dillon combines tradition with innovation to extract the quintessence of an exceptional terroir and produce comprehensive families of authentic wines defined by their complexity and elegance.

Jean-Luc Thunevin became a "star" of the wine world in less than a decade with his famous garage wine "Château Valandraud". Obsessed by wine, opiniated and dtermined, he finally realized his dream in 1991, first vintage of Chateau Valandraud. This was the start of a fantastic adventure leading to a quick success. From then on, he became the inspiration and kind of a leader for other garagistes. All thess micro cuvees coming from low yield to become concentrated wines. Jean Luc aims to harvest at full maturity, he also copied the Burgundy vinification ways to reach an optimum concentration.
Throughout his years of passionate work, Jean Luc Thunevin has mastered a know how that is now beneficial to other chateaux, such as Fleur Cardinale (Saint Emilion Grand Cru Classe), Chateau Sansonnet (Saint Emilion Grand Cru Classe), Chateau La Vieille Cure (Fronsac). He has previrously worked for Chateau Marojallia (Margaux), Branon (Graves) or Château La Dominique (Saint Emilion Grand Cru Classe). Murielle Andraud and Jean Luc Thunevin are owners and producers in Pomerol too with Clos du Beau Pere and Domaine des Sabines (Lalande de Pomerol) and are also the co owners of Domaine Thunevin–Calvet in Roussillon.

The name of Michel Lynch, the knight who owned Chateau Lynch-Bages and was Mayor of Pauillac during the French Revolution, is inextricably linked with the great wines of Bordeaux.
Towards the end of the 1980s, the tireless globetrotter in the name of promoting Bordeaux wines, Jean-Michel Cazes devised a sort of spiritual affiliation in honour of Michel Lynch, naming this new range of wines after him. Jean-Michel Cazes is one of Bordeaux's legendary figures, a man of enormous dynamism, vision, energy and charm. His family have owned 5th Growth Chateau Lynch Bages for decades, but in recent years have added Chateau Les Ormes de Pez in St Estephe to their portfolio. He has also been responsible for pioneering developments in wine tourism, gastronomy and wine education. With Michel Lynch, Jean-Michel Cazes aim to offer a selection of wines reflecting the diversity and richness of the Bordeaux terroirs. These wines are aimed at the wine-lover who wishes to be able to drink – without having to wait – a wine that expresses both the finesse and richness of Bordeaux wines, the best of the terroirs and the excellence of a vintage.